Apotheker is the debut title of the new indie studio Pine Drake Games, based in
Troy, NY. We have prepared resources to help you understand and discuss our game, including screenshots, gifs, logo images, and quick facts. If you need any additional information or imagery, feel free to contact us!
- Developer: Pine Drake Games, a small indie studio based in Troy, NY.
- Release Date: November 20th, 2020
- Availability: PC only, Steam and Itch.io
- Website: http://pinedrakegames.com/apotheker.html
- Price: $9.99 USD
- Press Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social: Twitter | Instagram | Facebook
Apotheker is a story-driven logic puzzle game where you must learn the delicate art of potion-brewing through thoughtful use of ingredients, tools, and funds. Use your resources in the most efficient way possible to maximize your profits for every potion - alternatively, what exactly would happen if you gave fermented slugs and cigarette ashes to help soothe a baby? Science is all about experimentation, after all!
Add ingredients to your cauldron to change the effects of your creation. One may never be enough - every addition comes with unintended effects that must be balanced. But remember, the more you add, the more unstable your mixture becomes!
As your popularity grows, you’ll see many new faces come into your shop, and all of them have different intentions with your potions - will you sympathize with the downtrodden, or brew for the highest bidder? Who will you support when violence is tearing the city apart? Will you keep your head down, or stand up for what’s right?
- Single player story campaign with Experiment, Efficiency, and Expert modes
- Unique NPC clientele that you can befriend or betray - branching narrative choices resulting in multiple endings for each character
- 120+ potion puzzles to solve, each with infinite solutions
- Upgrade your potion-making arsenal by unlocking tools that open new puzzle solving doors
- Complete original soundtrack - low-fi fantasy beats to brew potions to!
Pine Drake Games is a brand new indie studio located in Troy, NY. Our team is composed of a hopeful band of recent grads looking to make waves in the industry, but mostly just looking to make people smile!
Sera Bruton dual majored in Game Development and Electronic Arts at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and is now doing freelance character art as well as working on cool stuff at Pine Drake! She does concept art, draws 2D assets, and other art things that might need doing.
CJ Legato studied Computer Science and Game Design at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, and worked at 1st Playable Productions on a few games, such as Cooking Mama: Cookstar. Programming and game design are his main deal, but he can do some art, writing, or music in a pinch. He’s a lover of puns and a total fanatic about games.
Axel Stewart is an RPI Grad with a dual major in Game Development and Music - he is responsible for everything you hear in Apotheker! He produces a wide range of genres of music and sound and is based out of rural New Hampshire.
Claire Thomas graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in 2019 with a dual major in Electronic Arts and Game Development with a concentration in Writing. She does all of the boring business stuff, writes the narratives, and creates 3D artwork. She most recently worked at 1st Playable Productions on games such as Cooking Mama: Cookstar and Disney: Snaps!